Are you looking to increase the value of your home but need help deciding where to start? There are many ways to upgrade your home and increase its value.
When you’re getting ready to sell, homeowners have many options to increase a home’s value. If you’re looking to increase the value of your home, there are a few simple steps to ensure your investment pays off.
The following are among the most effective ways to increase a home’s value:
- Convert the basement
- Improve your garden
- Add a pool
- Extend the property
- Add more rooms
- Covert your loft
- Remodel your kitchen and bathroom
Keep reading for more information on how to make improvements that will add value to your home.
Best Ways to Increase a Home’s Value
Home improvement projects increase the value of your home. From simple DIY projects to creating an energy-efficient home, there are many ways to get top dollar for your home.
Are you looking to sell your home without spending money on repairs? We buy houses Milwaukee!
Converting Your Basement
Converting your basement adds extra living space to your home. It involves transforming the unused area of your basement into a functional and comfortable room.
Here are some tips for getting started:
- Measure the dimensions of the basement and plan out the layout you want
- Inspect the basement for any structural issues that need to be addressed, such as cracks in walls or floors, water damage, or mold.
- Ensure that building codes for ceiling height, egress, and insulation are met.
- Invest in waterproofing products to protect against moisture.
- Install proper lighting fixtures, energy-efficient appliances, and ventilation systems.
- Add furniture and decorate according to your desired style
Depending on the size of the space and the desired outcome, you may need to get permits from local authorities or hire a professional contractor for the job.
Making the Most Out of Your Garden
Gardening adds value, increases curb appeal, and makes the home’s exterior shine. Not only does it make your outdoor space more attractive and inviting, but it also increases the overall worth of your property.
With careful landscaping, you create a beautiful garden that will look great and add value to your home:
- Choose native plants adapted to your local soil and climate conditions, as they require less maintenance and attract beneficial insects.
- Add hardscaping features like stone veneer decks, patios, or walkways to provide additional living space and define different garden areas.
- Invest in quality materials such as compost, mulch, tools, and pruners to ensure your garden looks its best for years.
Add A Pool and Pool House
Adding a pool and pool house to your home add value in several ways:
- A well-designed pool increases the property value of your home, though the exact amount depends on various factors such as location, size, and design.
- Aesthetically speaking, a pool and accompanying pool house make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
- Adding a pool and pool house create an inviting outdoor living space perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing with family.
- Installing an inground pool can be expensive; the average cost ranges from $20,000 to $65,000, depending on size and design.
- Factor in ongoing maintenance costs such as cleaning and repairs, which could offset any added value.
Extend the Property
Adding extra space to your property increases home value and makes it more comfortable for you and your family.
There are several ways to extend your property and make your home look bigger, from building an extension on your house to adding a porch or walkway between the garage and the home:
- Building an extension: requires careful planning and budgeting; consider factors such as how much space you need, what type of extension you want, and if it needs planning permission; research local regulations and any potential restrictions before beginning construction.
- Porches: add extra living space and square footage without building an entire extension; protect from the elements while still allowing natural light into the home; adding a walkway between the garage and the home offers easy access while creating an aesthetic feature in your garden or yard
- Lightwells: popular option for extending properties; provide natural light into dark spaces in your home and make use of otherwise unused outdoor space
- Conservatories: an effective way to add extra living space without taking up too much room in your garden or yard
Consider all options before deciding which one is right for you; with careful planning and budgeting, you will soon have an extended property that adds value and comfort to your life.
Add More Rooms to Your Property
Adding more rooms to your property is a way to increase the value of your home and create a living room.
This is done by either building an addition onto your existing home or converting an existing space, such as a garage or basement, into a livable area:
- Consider local building codes and zoning regulations.
- Ensure the new room fits in with the overall design of your home.
- Plan out how much space you need for each room.
- Understand the properties of addition.
- Choose construction materials.
Convert Your Loft
A loft conversion adds extra space and value to your home without moving. It involves transforming the unused attic space into a functional room, such as a spare bedroom or living area.
The process for a loft conversion typically includes the following steps:
- Calculate the usable area of your attic.
- Identify the type of framework you have under the roof.
- Install structural beams into party walls to form an independent timber frame structure.
- Strip off tiles, slates, and battens where the roof needs to be extended and remove any rafters and struts.
- Reinforce floor joists and add insulation.
- Build a staircase to access loft space.
- Fit electrics, plumbing, and heating systems as required
Remodel Your Kitchen and Bathroom
A kitchen remodel adds value to your home, both in terms of its resale value and the enjoyment you get from it. A well-designed kitchen make a home more attractive and inviting while increasing its functionality.
A kitchen remodel includes:
- Replacing outdated appliances and backsplash
- Updating cabinetry and countertops
- Installing or refinishing new flooring
- Adding lighting fixtures
- Increasing the value of your home
- Improving energy efficiency with new windows
- Upgrading cabinets, countertops, and flooring
- Creating an inviting atmosphere with new lighting fixtures
- Applying a fresh coat of paint
A well-planned bathroom remodel adds tangible value to your home. It makes the space more attractive for prospective buyers and allows you to maximize the use of this crucial area in your house and create a much better atmosphere for you and your family.
In other words, investing in an updated bathroom is not just financially savvy; it’s a good selling point.
Your bathroom remodel may include the following:
- Updating fixtures such as sinks, toilets, showerheads, tubs, and faucets
- Adding hardwood floors
- Installing new lighting and a smart thermostat to lower utility bills
- Paint job
Selling As Is
If you’re considering selling your home, weighing the pros and cons of fixing it up or selling it as is essential. Making repairs gets a higher sale price for your home, but it may also take time and money that you don’t have.
When deciding whether to fix up your house or sell it as is, consider the state of the real estate market and how much time and money you have available.
Whether you should fix up your house or sell it as is depends on many factors, such as the state of the real estate market, how much time and money you have available for repairs, and what kind of return on investment (ROI) you expect from those repairs. Selling as is low-cost and low-maintenance and may be the best home selling option for you.
If you need to sell a house fast in Fox Point, consider selling it as is to a cash buyer.
Many options are available when it comes to increasing your home’s value. From making minor home renovations and repairs to larger projects such as adding a deck or remodeling a kitchen, there are plenty of ways to add value to your home.
Regular maintenance and deep cleaning maintains the value of your home and give potential buyers an excellent first impression. It is essential to know what your home is worth so you make informed decisions about how best to recoup your investment.
Selling to cash home buyers in Wisconsin lets you avoid the hassle of repairs in several ways:
- Avoid repairs or renovations before selling, as the cash buyer will purchase the house as-is
- Close quickly, often within a few days or weeks, without having to wait for financing approval from a bank so you get your money faster
- Do not pay real estate agents or Realtor commissions
Looking to sell your home without spending money on repairs? We buy houses Milwaukee!