Usually, when searching for a good local home buyer to purchase your home, you want to find someone reliable and that can quickly buy your house. But what is the difference between local home buyers vs. other buyers that claim to be local to the area? Is there an advantage to working with a local home buyer compared to a national home buying company? Well, look no further; we will explain who qualifies as a local home buyer, what to look for in a local home buyer, and who we think is the best local home buyer in the Milwaukee area.
Finding The Best Local Home Buyers In Milwaukee
What is a Local Home Buyer?
There are several types of home buyers out there, but ideally, you want to work with a local home buyer that is either from the community or has ties to the area. These are the three types of home buyers you will find while doing your online search for local home buyers.
- iBuyers: Are typically venture capital-backed companies that purchase and sell houses on the internet. To determine your home’s value, they use computer algorithms and even may buy your house unseen. A disadvantage of working with an iBuyer is the service fees they tack on to the offer they make on your home.
- Investor Networks: Different from a local home buyer, investor networks are typically big companies that buy-in several markets. Some have been around for years and are well known, but they usually use local franchises to conduct market campaigns. They do advertise that they buy houses for cash and tend to redevelop and flip properties.
- Local Homebuyer: Local home buyers are usually single investors or a small group of investors that purchase homes in the Milwaukee area. Often, their goal is to help their local community by renovating houses for resale or keeping the property as a rental instead.
Each type of local home buyer purchases your house a bit differently, but the process of selling your home to one is typically the same.
Usually, companies that purchase your home for cash are real estate investing businesses that buy properties for a fair market price, renovate if necessary, and keep them or resell them. Typically, they buy properties in as-is condition; that way, the seller doesn’t need to put any time or money into selling their house. Since these companies pay in cash, they can close within a few days, rather than months, because they don’t have contingencies as traditional buyers do.
What to Look For In a Local Home Buyer
To help you narrow down your search of what type of home buyer you would like to work with, you need to know what to look for in a local home buyer. Not all home buyers are the same, so when choosing a local home buyer, here are a few things to look for to determine if you found a reputable one.
- Research to see if they have an online presence and look at their website; usually, a local home buyer will have a personal photo or team photo on their website. Verifying that they are a real person or group of people that you will be working with.
- Look at their reviews, make sure their reviews are positive and sound like a real person wrote them.
- Take a peek at their social media pages and make sure their posts are somewhat current.
- Find out how long their company has been in business.
- Find out if they are a BBB accredited business.
- Make sure they use a Wisconsin licensed title company for the closing.
- Find out if you get to pick the closing date or if they decide for you.
- See if they will work with you on your move out date, letting you pick it.
- Most importantly, make sure they are a local company willing to work with you, answer any questions, and put everything in writing.
If you can answer yes to all of the questions, you have found a ligament local homebuyer.
If you have decided to work with a local cash buyer in the Milwaukee area, Cream City Home Buyers would be a great choice. They meet all the requirements of a reputable local home buyer listed above. Besides that, they are a two-person team and have been buying real estate locally in the Milwaukee area since 2016.
Other Things to Look For in a Local Home Buyer
Once you find a ligament local home buyer, there are a couple of smaller questions you need to verify that the company you are about to work with offers its sellers.
- Make sure they pay in cash. A good local home buyer pays in cash and doesn’t need to wait on bank financing.
- Confirm they will buy your house in as-is condition. A legit local home buyer will purchase your home for any reason, with any challenges in any condition.
- Verify there are no hidden fees, like service charges or commissions. A good local homebuyer does not charge commissions or fees; they usually even help pay closing costs.
- See if they will give you a no-obligation cash offer for your house within 24 hours.
- Check to see how long they take to close; you want to work with someone that can close in your time frame, and if they say they can close quickly, confirm that they can. Local home buyers can often close in as little as 10 days.
This information is easily found on their website. Still, if their website isn’t very clear or you have questions or concerns, reach out to them; a good local home buyer is transparent about their process and what they can do to make a win-win situation for you.
Once you have done all your research answering the big and small questions, the next step is to contact the local homebuyer you decided to work with to get more information about their process and make sure that works with your goals for selling your home.
Hopefully, this blog post has helped answer your questions about what a local home buyer is and what to look for in a local home buyer.
Selling to a local home buyer is a great way to sell your property if you’re facing foreclosure, bankruptcy, liens, divorce, title issues, major repairs, or just because you need to relocate, upgrading, or downsize. Selling a house isn’t easy, so working with a local home buyer takes a lot of the stress out of listing a house compared to selling on your own or with a real estate agent.
If you’re ready to sell your Milwaukee home and looking for a local home buyer, Cream City Home Buyers checks all the boxes. We buy houses in Milwaukee and all over the Milwaukee area. They are a BBB accredited business and a local cash home buyer in the Milwaukee area. Their goal is to help make your life easier and get you out from under a property that’s stressing you out… while still paying a fast, fair, and honest price for your home.
We want to make selling your home in Milwaukee a fast and painless process by paying cash for houses in any condition. If you’re ready to get started, or just want to know more about us, visit our website or give our team a call. We are happy to help or make you a cash offer today!